Monday, January 31, 2011

Recipe for a Primal Pizza

I got this from This Primal Life.

I tried it and it was really good. Not only that, my husband and my picky 22-month old toddler loved it too. So it gets three thumbs up and a place in my tried-and-true recipe folder.

I did make some changes. I didn't have almond flour, and I'm still avoiding giving my toddler nuts. Instead, I mixed in coconut flour. I could detect a coconut smell in the dough, and I was worried because Mr. Grok doesn't like coconut. But when the crust was baking, it smelled more like the Parmesan cheese than coconut.

We also had to bake it a lot longer than the original recipe called for. Not sure why. I cooked it 15 minutes, then flipped it onto a baking sheet. Then it had to bake almost 20 minutes more, checking it every 5 minutes.

For toppings, we were almost out of pepperoni, so Mr. Grok claimed what was left. I made a veggie topping out of sauteed onions, red peppers and mushrooms.

We cut it into 8ths, and I had 3 big slices, and it more than filled me up. A salad would go well with it, but as a former vegetable hater, I thought I had a decent amount of veggies as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment