Thursday, February 17, 2011

Benefit #5

Being able to miss meals without getting hungry.

This morning, I had a meeting at 7:30 at a restaurant. Silly me, I assumed a meeting in a restaurant at that time meant we'd be ordering breakfast. But no. The only thing we ended up eating the whole 2 hours was coffee, or tea for me.

Before I switched to eating primal, if I went more than about 4 hours, I was feeling hunger pangs. If I went too long, or had a blood sugar spike and crash from a previous meal, I was really hurting. But today, I not only skipped breakfast and was able to still think and communicate clearly, I went through lunch with just a small bowl of vegetable soup. I'm still doing just fine. A little bit hollow inside, maybe, and looking forward to a nice cod dish for dinner tonight, but it's not the over-powering, distracting hunger I used to have.

I love the feeling of freedom I have now. I'm no longer tied to my stomach. I still love to eat, and sometimes eat too much, but I don't feel like I HAVE to have a power bar in my purse, or HAVE to pack a lunch if I'm running late.

If I miss a meal, I just remind myself that Grok and Grokette were never assured of three square meals a day, and it won't hurt me to miss one or two. Especially since I've got a few weeks worth of reserves padding my waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment