Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 28 - August 28

Sunday morning. Friday night and Saturday night had seen me consume copious amount of carbohydrates and sugar. I can't tell you how hard it was to stare at eggs for breakfast when the donut shop was just down the street.

I had an internal conversation in my head for a couple of minutes. It seriously sounded like the good angel and bad angel sitting on my shoulders:

"Go on, you already had something the last two days. Why not just have a donut this morning. You can have just one."

"No, you have to start sometime. It's going to be hard no matter what day you start, and it's only going to get harder to say no the longer you take. Besides, you don't want to throw away any gains you've made so far."

Good angel won out, but he had to talk a while. And honestly, getting out in the heat didn't help the bad angel's case, either.

I don't remember what I ate, but I know I was compliant. Made up another batch of my chocolate - coconut milk - almond butter stuff (I need a name for it). Made a small bit without the almond butter in it, and it came out like a ganache. Tasty. Need to be careful of it, because it would be really easy to over eat that. Had a lot of grapes, too. Probably not the best paleo fruit, but they were nice and plump and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment