Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1 - August 1

You have to start somewhere, right?

The first day of reckoning is always horrible for me, because I know I've gained weight, but it feels like as long as I don't get on the scale, I don't have to deal with it. Why is that? It's so illogical. If anyone said that to me, I'd be thinking, "idiot. Just do it." Apparently, I don't listen to me very well.

Sooooo....Not a good way to start. My starting weight this morning is 227. Up 13 pounds in 2 months. How the hell do you gain 7 pounds in a month, and only able to lose 4 pounds a month? It's so totally unfair! I really feel like screaming with frustration. It's so freaking hard to eat Primal, especially when you're addicted to sugar and you have a husband who sort of supports you, but eats the SAD himself. And a toddler who's always picky and only wants to eat fruit and crackers. Getting him to eat Primal food is difficult, but doable, although it contains a significant amount of dairy.

For me, I'm severely limiting dairy. Always before, I'd do low-carb, but keep in dairy. This time around, I'm going to try and go as pure Grokette as I can. There may be some dairy show up, some residual bits of chocolate on a bad day, but my goal is to start small with them, and reduce to zero.

On the plus side, I've already stopped my soda habit! It took 3 months before I stopped craving soda. When I finally did have a taste of my favorite soda, Diet Dr. Pepper, all I could taste was a slew of chemicals washing over my taste buds. Ick! I used to like that? But I still had cravings for them, can you believe that? Now, after 5 months, I think I've finally beat my soda craving. I have ice tea, no to very little sweetener, a couple times a week, and the rest of the time, it's water.

Sleep last night: Went to bed too late, after midnight. Must improve that. Up at 6:20.

Meals:
Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs
1 cup mashed cauliflower with a bit of goat cheese
1.5 T butter
supplements

Lunch
leftover roast
mashed cauliflower
blueberry kefir

Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment