Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 3 - August 3

It's so freaking hot out! I was out several times walking between buildings at the campus. There's one stretch of sidewalk next to a couple of construction trailers. The heat and sun rebound between the sidewalk and trailers and it's just miserable walking along.

I was tired yesterday, but today I'm absolutely exhausted. Seriously, it feels like my muscles in my legs are completely out of energy, like after I've done a major lifting session or run a long way. Took me a while to think about it, but I think it's the low-carb flu that I hear hits in the first couple days as your body transitions from carbs to fat burning.

It was so bad in the evening that I just lay on the couch and had my little boy play around me. After he went to bed, I almost fell asleep on the couch. I was trying to watch So You Think You Can Dance, and I was falling asleep and not enjoying it at all. So I went to bed at 9:30. I never go to bed that early unless I'm sick.

Meals
Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with butter and some seaweed topping

Lunch: Big salad at the cafeteria with lots of veggies, some chicken, eggs and bacon and balsamic vinagrette.

Dinner: I honestly don't remember, and it's just been 24 hours (I'm writing this the next day).

Exercise: None, other than walking across campus a couple times in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment