Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 16 - August 16

Okay, now I'm back to relying on my memory, instead of my spotty notes.

My sweet tooth might be slowly losing it's grip. I've been following The Diet Cure, and taking several vitamins and supplements to help rebalance my system. but with my kitchen in absolute chaos due to the painting project, it's been hard to find my supps, and I haven't been taking them.

I can tell that the L-glutamine does help reduce carb cravings. I've been craving sweets and carbs more the last few days that I had been. But at the same time, given that my only sweet choice is the coconut chocolate almond thingy, it's not that sweet and honestly, not that appealing. not like a decadant gooey brownie that you can eat 4 or 5 or aw heck,I could eat the whole pan in one sitting, just because the taste and texture are so damn appealing. And damn the consequences afterward.

I swear, I have a sugar addition. If I stay completely away from it, I do notice that I feel better, I don't have gas, I don't have indigestion, I don't have heart burn, I don't get a headache, and I don't have mood swings. And I sleep better. But put that brownie or fresh bread in front of me, and it's super hard to remember all the bad things about sugar and carbs.

I've had to resort to telling myself that sugar gives you cancer. I know it's not proven, but I've read enough studies that I think there's a solid link and a good reason to avoid it. My mom had breast cancer, and my MIL is fighting pancreatic cancer right now. I don't want cancer, so I don't need to be eating any sugar. (You can't hear my whimpering about giving it up.)


Breakfast: leftover venison sausage links, shared with the Grokster.
Lunch: Chicken vegetable soup. Chicken broth made from a store bought rotisserie chicken, and dehydrated veggies left to soak in it all morning. Generous handful of pecans.
Dinner: Leftover turkey chili with beans and a sprinkle of cheese.
Snack: 3 bites of my coconut chocolate almond stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment