Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 15 - August 15

It's Mr. Grok's birthday. Yep, we're one day apart. I haven't had a chance to buy him a card or a present or anything. Actually, we decided to get a babysitter next weekend and spend the day doing adult things.

So at lunch, I was out looking for shelf liner for my newly painted cabinets, and decided to stop at World Market for a card. While I was there, I couldn't resist strolling through their food section. I can't help it. I like looking at food stuff. I think I had a faint thought of trying to find some nuts, because I was hungry. But I didn't.

I did, however, find a lemon cake in a bag. Not the best thing, I'm sure. But Mr. Grok is not participating in my paleo experiment/lifestyle. And I felt bad that I didn't make him a cake. I can't. Because I would lick the batter and try the cake, etc. It would be bad.

So I figured if I got him a little cake, he could at least have something, and since it was lemon, I wasn't all that interested in it anyway.

We had some lemon curd from Trader Joe's that a coworker had given me last month. So after dinner (turkey chili), he cut himself and the Grokster a piece of cake and drizzled lemon curd on it.

Okay, I had a taste. I had one bite of his cake. The cake was not so great, but that lemon curd was amazing! Yummmmmm! Wonder if it's possible at all to make a paleo version.

Meals:90% compliant (one bite of cake, some beans in the chili)
Exercise: Mowed the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment